Re: Packages with /outdated/ packaging style

On Tue, Jan 19, 2016 at 08:34:44PM +0100, Jakub Wilk wrote:
> * Andreas Tille <andreas@an3as.eu>, 2016-01-19, 20:04:
> >Just for the record: I'm currently touching all those packages maintained
> >by Debian Med and not uploaded for >3 years.  Some last remainings of dh5
> >were removed and some other issues solved.  I admit all of these "long
> >time not uploaded" packages had some issues that rectify a new upload.
> >IMHO also debian/compat < 9 is another good reason since automatic build
> >time testing is not done if existing.
>
> I don't know what you mean by dh5,

I took over the term from OP which means: not using dh.

> but I'm pretty sure there was no change
> regarding "automatic build time testing" in compat 9.

OK, may be dh_auto_test is done even in compat 8.  But if you simply not
use dh you need to to extra means when using old packaging style - and
my bet is that at least 95% of packages featuring old packaging style do
not do these extra means.

Kind regards

      Andreas.

--