Re: support for merged /usr in Debian

 ❦ 16 janvier 2016 16:38 +0100, Marc Haber <mh+debian-devel@zugschlus.de> :

> It's simply unproductive to first having to argue with upstream if one
> needs one certain IPv6 /proc/sys/net option in systemd-networkd _and_
> to wait for the next Debian stable release for this possibility to
> become available, if I need to set this option for my network to work
> _now_.

You seem to always take vague examples to avoid being contradicted. You
can execute any unit before and after network is setup through the
dependency system. If you need to set some sysctl after an interface has
been configured, just do it:

#v+
[Service]
Type=oneshot
ExecStart=/sbin/sysctl -w net.....=...
RemainAfterExit=yes

[Install]
WantedBy=multi-user.target

[Unit]
Description=Enable some unknown IPv6 feature now
After=sys-subsystem-net-devices-eth0.device
#v-

> And it's quite arrogant to not implement things that ease starting
> daeons that don't have their own configuration files, saying the
> daemons should have configuration files and not rely on their command
> line, hence systemd should not have features to make building daemon
> command lines easier. Heck, some of those daemons have been around
> since before systemd upsteam was born.

And they seem to work fine with systemd. Upstream is pushing for people
to just write an override. But we are free to use EnvironmentFile=.
--
And do you think (fop that I am) that I could be the Scarlet
Pumpernickel?