md5(3bsd) (was: Re: support for merged /usr in Debian)

On Jan 08, Robert Edmonds <edmonds@debian.org> wrote:

> If it really does need to do MD5, maybe it could use the one in libbsd0
> instead of dragging in libgnutls-openssl27 and its dependencies.
I did not notice this recent addition...
Folks, there is *a lot* of software which embeds copies of md5.c: please
try to convert it to use libbsd!
And how many of you still have copies of setproctitle.c around? Do you
know that they probably come from sendmail? Clean up your old code!

If you have some old package with plain makefiles which needs to be
converted to use libbsd then you can have a look at my openbsd-inetd
package for inspiration.

--
ciao,
Marco