Re: overlayfs (was: Re: support for merged /usr in Debian)

I am using overlayFS in Limba[1], and it works well (and is really
fast!) for read-only filesystems, read-write sometimes has issues if
you are using multiple OverlayFS layers (which made me adjust the code
so this doesn't happen anymore).

> I wish I could, but I can't, sorry. All I know is I got mysterious ENOENT
> errors at unpredictable times at some point in the layer stack when using
> it as a docker back-end and developing docker images. I can't recall what
> version of overlayfs/kernel I was using at the time; probably latest RHEL
> 7.* but I'm not sure.

Did you use Linux 4.2 and were maybe hit by this bug:
https://lkml.org/lkml/2015/10/7/289 ?

Cheers,
    Matthias

[1]: https://packages.debian.org/sid/limba