Re: overlayfs (was: Re: support for merged /usr in Debian)

On Wed, Jan 06, 2016 at 01:35:13PM +0100, Marco d'Itri wrote:
> On Jan 06, Jonathan Dowland <jmtd@debian.org> wrote:
>
> > Do you mean overlayfs? If so can you or anyone vouch for its quality?
> > I had been trying it as a docker storage back end and generally found
> > that it was not ready yet.
> Can you be more specific? I only use it to test new packages and it
> works for me.

I wish I could, but I can't, sorry. All I know is I got mysterious ENOENT
errors at unpredictable times at some point in the layer stack when using
it as a docker back-end and developing docker images. I can't recall what
version of overlayfs/kernel I was using at the time; probably latest RHEL
7.* but I'm not sure.