Re: is the whole unstable still broken by gcc-5?

On 12.09.2015 21:23, Russ Allbery wrote:
Виталий Филиппов <vitalif@yourcmc.ru> writes:

Is the whole unstable still broken by gcc-5 transition? Or by something
else? Why apt-get dist-upgrade still wants to remove a lot of packages?
It lasts for several weeks, I can't upgrade normally...

I've been able to upgrade normally during the entire gcc-5 transition.

Lucky you!

aptitude wanted to remove 45 packages yesterday. I spent about 5 hours to manually resolve dependencies by uninstalling packages, removing lib* packages, adding lib*v5 packages and adding the uninstalled packages again to get ALL dependencies resolved

I am not sure it it's a problem of aptitude or the resolver in general, but I was not able to "just update".

Best regards
	Andreas
--
Andreas Tscharner                                  starfire@sunrise.ch
build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying