Re: is the whole unstable still broken by gcc-5?

apt-get dist-upgrade tries to remove the following packages:

and upgrade rather than dist-upgrade?

Try using aptitude instead of apt. It sometimes does a better job, and
just 'aptitude' so you get the curses interface makes it _much_ easier
to track down what's actually up. 'B' shows broken packages which is
often a clue.

I've tried and it offered me 100500 different insane ways of solving the situation... :) that's why I don't use it, its solver seems really insane. apt-get is far more rational :)

The single thing that I found aptitude useful for is finding and removing packages that are unavailable in current debian release anymore :)

--
With best regards,
  Vitaliy Filippov