Re: Improving your archive and package system for small package

Jonas Smedegaard wrote:
> Seems Osamu Aoki is working on at least part of the puzzle:
> https://bugs.debian.org/797045

Merging multiple sources *really* shouldn't be necessary.  And the
metadata for those sources will vary, so that likely won't save that
much space.

Perhaps we should add a few more things to common-licenses, or figure
out if our packaging metadata could be further reduced or de-duplicated.
It should be possible to package a 1kB library without several kB of
overhead.  But even if we have to pay that overhead, so be it; we have
tens of thousands of packages already, what's a few hundred more tiny
JavaScript packages as long as they're actually used?

- Josh Triplett