Re: Security concerns with minified javascript code

On Sep 03 2015, Vincent Bernat <bernat@debian.org> wrote:
>  ❦  3 septembre 2015 17:22 GMT, Bas Wijnen <wijnen@debian.org> :
>
>> Because you know you have the right and the ability to be a part of the free
>> software community that created the software.  That is why you are running
>> Debian and don't have contrib or non-free in your sources.list.
>>
>> From your mails it is clear that you don't care much about that.
>
> Repeating that in each of your email is quite hostile. Please stop
> saying that I don't care. I care. I just don't agree with you.

As a (mostly) passive observer of this thread, I have to agree with Bas
that what you're saying (and what not saying) in your other emails does
seem to imply that you don't care.

(And why is it hostile to say that someone doesn't care about something?
I don't care about a lot of things, and I wouldn't consider it hostile
for people to point that out).

Can you maybe clarify which of the following statements you don't agree with?

1. Minified javascript isn't source
2. Many javascript packages cannot be build from source with the tools
   in main.
3. Software that cannot be build from source with the tools in main
   must not go in main but into contrib

Best,
-Nikolaus