Re: conflicts between Debian's and upstream's Debian package

El vie, 20 de feb 2015 a las 12:04 , Harald Dunkel <harri@afaics.de> escribió:
Hi folks,
I would like to use upstream's Debian/Ubuntu packages for a certain tool 'foo'. Its closer to what I need, and I don't have migrate between both versions before asking the mailing list for help or for reporting/fixing problems. Problem: The Debian maintainer messed up the version numbers and had to introduce a "1:" for his foo package. Now upstream's package always appears to be out of date, forcing me to override apt-get.

Not the cleanest option, but can upstream just introduce the 1: as well?

Cheers,
--
Cameron Norman