Re: how to remove libsystemd0 from a live-running debian desktop system

Simon Richter <sjr@debian.org> writes:

> With my embedded hat on, it would be nice if there was an easy way to
> drop this extra dependency, as it means a lot of essentially dead code
> loaded on systems that don't use systemd.

Like others, I'd be happy to support that as a build profile or build
option or something.  As upstream, it's already easy to tell all my code
that's systemd-aware to stub out that stuff if wanted.

But, as you say, I think it's unlikely that this is really the low-hanging
fruit for very resource-constrained embedded environments.