Re: how to remove libsystemd0 from a live-running debian desktop system

Nathan Schulte <nmschulte@gmail.com> writes:
> On 02/17/2015 11:49 AM, The Wanderer wrote:

>> libsystemd0_is_  dynamically loaded, precisely so that userspace
>> applications can make the decision at runtime as to what to do.

> What about dynamically linked?  Maybe Luke means dynamic linking
> (necessitating dynamic loading) instead?

It's already dynamically linked too.

If the argument is that it should be opened with dlopen at runtime, I'm
quite confident that there are *many* people on debian-devel who have
worked with shared libraries and can spell out many reasons why that's a
horrible idea.  And it serves no practical, useful purpose.  (Removing
every package whose name contains the string "systemd" is not a practical,
useful purpose.  It's just silly.)

What Luke spent thousands of words advocating for is basically what the
systemd upstream has *already done* with libsystemd0.  One could even say
that it's a primary *purpose* of that library.  So, yay, I guess?  The
world is much better than you had thought and already as good as the
compromise position you thought you could get!