Re: packages for adoption: icu, tiff, xerces-c, psutils

Ondřej Surý <ondrej@sury.org> wrote:

> JFTR I sent email to tiff RFA and I am willing to take over it.
>
> Thank you, Jay, for all your hardwork on libtiff4->libtiff5 transition
> (and also for the rest of your packages).
>
> If you don't get any volunteers for the rest, please ping here and me
> again after jessie release (instead of orphaning them).
>
> Cheers,
> Ondrej

This is great. Thanks for the response. Feel free to take over tiff at
any time. There are open security issues that I haven't had time to take
care of yet. If you take care of the security issues, you can grab the
packages at that time. If you use git-buildpackage and want to take over
the repos, you can get https://github.com/jberkenbilt/debian-tiff and
push it to wherever. Obviously don't fork it on github since then I
won't be able to delete my copy.

I could be open to giving up vips and nip2 as well. They are very low
effort, and upstream is super-responsive, so I can probably still handle
them even with almost no time, but if you wanted them, I'd be open to
it.

--
Jay Berkenbilt <qjb@debian.org>