Re: Who gets an email when with bugreports [was: Re: Unauthorised activity surrounding tbb package]

On Mon, Jan 19, 2015 at 5:03 PM, Tomas Pospisek wrote:

> But isn't subscribing participants "natural"? Posting to a bug report
> means participation and thus you'd get the follow-ups. Why would you
> post to a bug report if you aren't interested in what happens with it,
> how things proceed/evolve?

It is only natural to people who are used to it happening on other bug
trackers. People often file bugs for issues they discover in software
they don't use or care about, getting followups to those isn't
necessary.

> I can understand your point of view and I think also the why but isn't
> that position the exception from the rule? That is shouldn't the process
> be optimized for the "common" case and allow the exception?

The problem is that there is no common case. The only generality I can
think of is that people who have been around for a long time generally
want the status quo and new people who are usually used to other bug
trackers want to be subscribed by default.

--
bye,
pabs

https://wiki.debian.org/PaulWise