Re: Who gets an email when with bugreports [was: Re: Unauthorised activity surrounding tbb package]

+++ Paul Wise [2015-01-19 17:14 +0800]:
> On Mon, Jan 19, 2015 at 5:03 PM, Tomas Pospisek wrote:
>
> > I can understand your point of view and I think also the why but isn't
> > that position the exception from the rule? That is shouldn't the process
> > be optimized for the "common" case and allow the exception?
>
> The problem is that there is no common case. The only generality I can
> think of is that people who have been around for a long time generally
> want the status quo and new people who are usually used to other bug
> trackers want to be subscribed by default.

I want to be subscribed to bugs I submit (by default). It annoys me
that this doesn't happen and I miss replies or updates. Occaisionally
I submit bugs I'm not actually very interested in, but that's not the
usual case.

Can someone remind me what the current rules are (or where it's
written down). I know it doesn't work the way I expect it ought to, but
I forget/never-understood exactly how it does work.

Do maintainers always get the initial mail to a bug, but not the rest,
unless they subscribe? That seems rather unhelpful if so (as
illustrated by Mr Capper's frustration at the start of this thread)

Wookey
http://wookware.org/