Re: motd handling in jessie & beyond

On Wed, 2014-12-31 at 12:04 -0800, Russ Allbery wrote:
> I think UsePAM yes is the only sane default for Debian, though, and people
> who choose to change that default are legitimately on their own.
I've used UsePAM no for many years without any real issues, as you said
it depends what you want (account locking, etc.)... and in general I
feel it's a bad thing if Debian says "if you don't use our defaults,
you're screwed and on your own"...

But apart from that, I don't see much problems from the OpenSSH side
here, the only thing necessary is that one has an "up-to-date" /etc/motd
(i.e. regularly created).

Cheers,
Chris.