[no subject]

Hi,

I am maintaining both ntop and ntopng. They are both in testing.

ntop is no longer supported by upstream and I would like to remove it from Debian.
ntopng is a complete rewrite of ntop.

How would you recommend to phase it out?

I could have ntopng include a ntop transitional package, but:
- ntop has version 3:5.0.1, ntopng 1.2.1. I would need to bump the ntopng version to 4, and I am not very excited by that
- there is no migration path from ntop to ntopng. All settings and data would be lost, therefore I am concerned that people would be disappointed if at point their instance of ntop is replaced with ntopng with default credentials, maybe on a different port.

Should I just request the removal of ntop instead?

Thanks,
Ludovico