Re: Packages with /outdated/ packaging style

On 26/12/15 at 12:54 +0000, Mattia Rizzolo wrote:
> On Sat, Dec 26, 2015 at 12:20:21PM +0100, Lucas Nussbaum wrote:
> > Following my blog post yesterday with updated graphs about Debian
> > packaging evolution[1], I prepared lists of packages for each kind of
> > "outdatedness". Of course not all practices highlighted below are
> > deprecated, and there are good reasons to continue to do some of them.
> > But still, given that they all represent a clear minority of packages, I
> > thought that it would be useful to list the related packages.  (I
> > honestly didn't know if some of my packages would show up in the lists!)
> >
> > The lists are available at https://people.debian.org/~lucas/qa-20151226/
>
> oh, cool!
>
> > qa-helper_classic_debhelper.txt (3647 packages)
> >
> >    The package is still using "classic" debhelper (no dh, no CDBS).
>
> A package of mine (libreoffice-dictionaries) is listed in .ddlist, but
> not in .txt, how could it be?
> Also, libreoffice-dictionaries was born using only dh, never used
> classic debhelper.
> Why is it listed there?

That's a common problem with dd-list confusing source and binary
packages.

The hunspell-sv source package (which builds hunspell-sv-se,
myspell-sv-se) is in the list, and dd-list thinks that it's a binary
package, so it maps it to its corresponding source package
(libreoffice-dictionaries), which points to you.

Other than not using dd-list, I don't think there's a way around that.

Lucas