Re: Automatic dbgsym packages built by default as of today!

Hi

a big thank you for all invovled implementhing this feature!

On 2015-12-19 23:26:09, Niels Thykier wrote:
>  * You /can/ migrate your manual "-dbg" package to a "-dbgsym"
>    - if/when it has no reverse (build-)depends.
>    - it just requires you to replace "--dbg-package=pkg-dbg" with
>      "--ddeb-migration='pkg-dbg (<< ${VERSION}~)'
>    - in a release from now, you can drop --ddeb-migration (and probably
>      also the "override_dh_strip" if you use the dh-sequencer)

So how will we deal with the migration from -dbg to -dbgsym for jessie ->
stretch?

* Should we keep transitional -dbg packages around even if the -dbgsym packages
  are in another archive?

* Are we going to tell people in the release notes that we expect
  'apt dist-upgrade' to remove plenty of -dbg packages and if they still need
  them to reinstall the -dbgsym version?

Does someone else have any other ideas?

Cheers
--