Re: tracking bin-num - broken unison due to binnmu upload

+++ Norbert Preining [2015-12-06 20:15 +0900]:
> Dear all,
>
> (please Cc)
>
> is there a way to track down who create a binnmu? Currently unison2.40.102
> is broken on sid and segfaults (see bug report in Cc), and that is solely
> caused by the binnmu
> 	2.40.102-3+b1
> because several people confirmed that -3 works without problems.
>
> My questions are:
> * is there a way to track down who uploaded -3+b1?
They are normally just built on the buildds so no-one 'uploaded' it.

Someone will have scheduled it via wanna-build (possibly for several
architectures). I don't know if records are kept of who does that, but
normally this isn't really useful info.

> * what would be the proper steps to revert this broken behaviour?

Work out why a version built at that moment in unstable is broken, but
one built sometime earlier isn't, and fix the underlying issue. Simply
scheduling a new binnmu will replace the current one, but if the
underlying problem persists, that won't fix it.

Wookey
http://wookware.org/