Re: Accepting cloud enablement package updates into Stable

On Fri, 27 Nov 2015 14:49:27 +0100, Vincent Bernat wrote:

> ❦ 27 novembre 2015 14:33 +0100, Thomas Goirand <zigo@debian.org> :

>>> So I don't really get your complaint.
>>
>> Oh, thanks for pointing this out.
>>
>> So if I understand correctly, just adding $network to the line:
>>
>> # Required-Start:    $local_fs $remote_fs
>>
>> would fix everything?
>
> I think this should be more something like:

Neither will work as long as /etc/init.d/networking is in runlevel S.

The fix is to move cloud-init to runlevel S if it needs to run before
networking. But then you need to make sure that the early boot stuff you
depend on (eg, kernel filesystems) are done by adding Required-Start: on
those things.

--
Saludos,
Felipe Sateler