Re: Accepting cloud enablement package updates into Stable

On 11/27/2015 11:51 AM, Christoph Egger wrote:
> Hi!
>
> Thomas Goirand <thomas@goirand.fr> writes:
>> https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=789214
>
> There's a unanswered question by release
>
>> Assertions like the above aren't very convincing, sorry.  Please
>> describe the issue better; I can't see a good description of the issue
>> and justification of the proposed fix either in this bug or in
>> #784083.
>
> And a hint from the systemd maintainer on the other bugreport which
> claims that correct sysv-initscripts will fix your problem (And the
> problems are currently only not happening on any of your sysv-init
> systems due to timing randomness?):
>
>> https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=784083#40
>
> So I don't really get your complaint.

Oh, thanks for pointing this out.

So if I understand correctly, just adding $network to the line:

# Required-Start:    $local_fs $remote_fs

would fix everything?

It's nice that I've bring the topic to debian-devel if finally, this
makes me understand how to make a (better) fix that the release team
will accept more easily. Thanks a lot for your answer.

>> Also, we'd like to be able to ask for more, like adding support for
>> clouds which we don't support yet (for example: Azure). This would mean
>> much bigger patches to cloud-init, and even probably upgrades to a
>> higher version of it.
>
> so I don't see how a sensible discussion about that can be started
> without more information on what would be involved?

I'll let the other DDs answer what they need (as I'm only involved in
the OpenStack support of the image).

Cheers,

Thomas Goirand (zigo)