Re: Accepting cloud enablement package updates into Stable

Hi!

Thomas Goirand <thomas@goirand.fr> writes:

There's a unanswered question by release

> Assertions like the above aren't very convincing, sorry.  Please
> describe the issue better; I can't see a good description of the issue
> and justification of the proposed fix either in this bug or in
> #784083.

And a hint from the systemd maintainer on the other bugreport which
claims that correct sysv-initscripts will fix your problem (And the
problems are currently only not happening on any of your sysv-init
systems due to timing randomness?):

> https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=784083#40

So I don't really get your complaint.

Also I don't think anyone here can reasonably wildcard ack

> Also, we'd like to be able to ask for more, like adding support for
> clouds which we don't support yet (for example: Azure). This would mean
> much bigger patches to cloud-init, and even probably upgrades to a
> higher version of it.

so I don't see how a sensible discussion about that can be started
without more information on what would be involved?

  Christoph