Re: debian.org RTC: announcing XMPP, SIP presence and more

On Sat, Nov 21, 2015 at 12:59:56PM +0100, Jonas Smedegaard wrote:
> I'd assume same rule applies for chat as we already have for email:
> Debian resources are for Debian work, not private or business use.
> ...which implies it is gone when you stop being part of Debian.

Yes.

> If my assumption is correct, then instead of talking specifically about
> guarantees for XMPP I recommend that we instead talk about a) which
> places currently mentions email policy, b) whether those places should
> be updated to explicitly mention XMPP (or perhaps oppositely stop being
> explicit about email), and c) whether we wanna change that policy.

The DMUP (https://www.debian.org/devel/dmup) is sufficiently general to cover
XMPP.  We don't need to explicitly call out XMPP.

IMO, we don't need to relax the policy to allow non-Debian use of Debian
resources.  That would be the Wrong Thing To Do®.

--
Luca Filipozzi
http://www.crowdrise.com/SupportDebian