Re: Putting default config files in /usr [was; (newbie) Disruptive LIRC package update.]

On Wed, Nov 11, 2015 at 4:23 PM, Bjørn Mork <bjorn@mork.no> wrote:
> Bjørn Mork <bjorn@mork.no> writes:
>>
>> "/usr/lib/sysctl.d/" is systemd specific.  Dropping files there won't do
>> anything unless you run the  systemd-sysctl service.
>
> Sorry, should have researched this better first.  sysctl WILL use
> "/usr/lib/sysctl.d/" if it exists.  procps won't create it, but it is
> supported.

No prob.

I didn't look closely enough at codesearch.debian.net but I suspect
that the "/usr/lib/sysctl.d/" hits are for binaries than scan it
rather than packages that drop a file into it. I remember dracut,
libvirt, and procps.