Re: (newbie) Disruptive LIRC package update.

Le 11/11/2015 15:31, Alec Leamas a écrit :
> On 11/11/15 15:17, Vincent Danjean wrote:
>> Le 11/11/2015 10:37, Alec Leamas a écrit :
>>> However, it touches one possible route: to store the original vendor
>>> files separately and create the actually used config files in postinst.
>> ucf has been written for this. Do not reinvent the wheel, use ucf.
>> The doc even provides info about how to move from a dpkg conffile
>> to a configuration file managed by ucf.
>
> Indeed! Thanks for the hint, this seems to be the way  if going for an automated update.

Feel free to ping me if you want a review on this part of the
packaging before uploading. I'm not sure I won't miss something but
I used ucf in several of my packages.

  Regards,
    Vincent

--
Vincent Danjean       GPG key ID 0xD17897FA         vdanjean@debian.org
GPG key fingerprint: 621E 3509 654D D77C 43F5  CA4A F6AE F2AF D178 97FA