Re: Putting default config files in /usr [was; (newbie) Disruptive LIRC package update.]

Marc Haber writes ("Re: Putting default config files in /usr [was; (newbie) Disruptive LIRC package update.]"):
> On Wed, 11 Nov 2015 13:59:24 +0100, Mat <mat@parad0x.org> wrote:
> >This is one strong key point of
> >Debian versus most other distribs. Please don't change that.
>
> For systemd, this change is already done. Noone cared.

I don't think that's quite right.

For example, I cared.  But it doesn't seem to me that me trying to
fight on that front as well as all the others would have been (a)
helpful or (b) successful even on its own terms.  Certainly I didn't
have the emotional energy for it.

That doesn't mean we shouldn't think about whether we can transition
to a better arrangement for systemd in Debian.  In practice however
given the opposition of the systemd maintainers in Debian there is no
chance of this improving unless someone wants to fight it.

Anyway, that systemd.deb does it wrong, definitely doesn't mean that
we should repeat the same mistake for other programs.

Thanks,
Ian.