Re: init script, installed but not activated

> Debian daemons should by default start - then those not wanting them to
> start can suppress that.  The opposite requires far more custom work for
> those who do want daemons to start than it does to suppress startup.
>
> I believe what you are missing is policy.d:
> https://people.debian.org/~hmh/invokerc.d-policyrc.d-specification.txt
> http://blog.zugschlus.de/archives/974-Debians-Policy-rc.d-infrastructure-explained.html
> https://packages.debian.org/policyrcd-script-zg2

those are interesting links, thx!

> How it translates to systemd I don't know, however.

It would be really interesting if someone can share how this can be
done on systemd, as we have reasons to install a service, install its
config files we wrote, but *not* start it by default and/or control if
that service needs to start on a machine and not on another without to
much hassle or cumbersome

Thanks,