Re: init script, installed but not activated

On Thu, 08 Oct 2015, Sandro Tosi wrote:
> It would be really interesting if someone can share how this can be
> done on systemd, as we have reasons to install a service, install its
> config files we wrote, but *not* start it by default and/or control if
> that service needs to start on a machine and not on another without to
> much hassle or cumbersome

man systemd.preset; should do what you're looking for.

You can then systemctl enable unit; later.

He was wrong. Nature abhors dimensional abnormalities, and seals them
neatly away so that they don't upset people. Nature, in fact, abhors a
lot of things, including vacuums, ships called the Marie Celeste, and
the chuck keys for electric drills.
 -- Terry Pratchet _Pyramids_ p166