Re: DAK Commands for Bikesheds

Colin Tuckley <colint@debian.org> writes:

> On 18/09/15 22:23, Joerg Jaspert wrote:
>
>> what the heck bikesheds are.
>
> What you seem to not be understanding, possibly because English is not
> your first language, is that anything associated with the term
> 'bikeshed' is very *negative*.
>
> They have strong derogatory connotations, so much so that I doubt any
> native English speaker will be interested in them.

Utter nonsense ... or are you trying to claim that Steve, Wookey, Neil,
Paul and I are not native English speakers now?

I dispute your claim that "bikesheds", as opposed to "bikeshedding", is
negative -- if it were, we'd store our velocipedes in the cycle lock-up.

Given that these things will reduce bikeshedding by providing as many
bikesheds as there are colour preferences, the name is perfect.

Regardless, the decision is neither yours nor mine, and judging by
Jeorg's responses to this thread, has already been made, so can we all
stop bikeshedding (in the purely negative sense) now please?

Cheers, Phil.