Re: [DDEB] Status on automatic debug packages (2015-08-24)

On Mon, Aug 24, 2015 at 11:12:41PM +0200, Niels Thykier wrote:
> * ddebs are Debian packages with the extension .deb that
>   contain debugging symbols and are built implicitly.
>   - A package foo_1.23.deb will receive a corresponding
>     foo_1.23-dbgsym.ddeb package.

Are they named .deb or .ddeb?

One question remains: Can we move non-automatic build dbgsum packages[1]
to the special debug suite as well? Even after the recent change to not
automatically move them?

Thanks,
Bastian

[1]: linux for example needs to handle them specially, as they need to
contain unstripped binaries instead of detached debugging infos and
there is no support for build-ids.
--
Most legends have their basis in facts.
		-- Kirk, "And The Children Shall Lead", stardate 5029.5