Re: Security concerns with minified javascript code

* Ian Jackson <ijackson@chiark.greenend.org.uk>, 2015-08-25, 19:08:
Not regenerating configure doesn't pose any significant risk that we're shipping a configure script that we can't regenerate (or, at least, regenerate an equivalent or better one).

Autotools stuff tends to bitrot, just like everything else. There's a reason we have 4(+1) versions of autoconf and two versions of automake in jessie.

I've not heard of people (for example) using private autoconf macros not included in their build tree.

#580190

--
Jakub Wilk