Re: Security concerns with minified javascript code

* Thomas Goirand <zigo@debian.org>, 2015-08-24, 16:08:
I believe the blog post below has relevance to Debian's stance on including minified JavaScript in packages:

https://zyan.scripts.mit.edu/blog/backdooring-js/

To me the problem suggests that it is important from a security and accountability perspective to 1) include the human-readable source code of JavaScript in Debian packages, and 2) to compile the human-readable source code into a minified code (if required) during package builds, using a JS-minifier that is included in Debian.
Thoughts?

This is anyway mandatory in Debian,

Do we actually require re-minifying JS code at build time?

--
Jakub Wilk