Re: Ad-hoc survey of existing Debian git integration tools

Ian Campbell writes ("Re: Ad-hoc survey of existing Debian git integration tools"):
> But git log shows that they are, it's just that Quilt is unaware of
> this (no .pc directory in git). Perhaps grub and python-pip differ here
> but I don't think so.

Right.

> AIUI this is compatible with dgit, although I've not tried it.

Indeed.  dgit's git trees for `3.0 (quilt)' also lack a .pc directory
(since dgit 1.0).

> BTW, IIRC Colin had somewhere (on his blog?) a script which could
> reconstruct a .pc, although I think with git-dpm you never actually
> need to use quilt, since you should instead be git-dpm checkout-patched
> + git rebase.

dgit sometimes needs to reconstruct a .pc in a private area so that it
can mess about generating patches.  It's slightly annoying but not a
big part of the code.

Ian.