Re: Debian books (Was: Bits from the DPL - July)

Hi,

Excuse my umbiguous statements.

On Fri, Jul 17, 2015 at 02:26:30PM +0800, Paul Wise wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 16, 2015 at 10:35 PM, Osamu Aoki wrote:
>
> > But that section can be split in to 2 sentions.  FREE and NON-FREE,
> > with FREE on the top.
>
> It is already split into sections by language. Maybe just list the
> licenses and sort the list in each section by freeness?

I am talking about "The Debian Administrator's Handbook" by Raphaël and
Roland.  Such free book should be listed on the top of list.  That is
the point.

> > I think we are missing Debisn systemd documents soch as slides
> > such as one by Lucas (FREE):
> >  https://github.com/lnussbaum/slides-lectures/blob/master/systemd.pdf
>
> This isn't really a book so probably should not be on the books page.
>
> They can of course go on the talks/presentations pages:
>
> https://www.debian.org/events/talks
> https://wiki.debian.org/Presentations

Very interesting pages which I was unaware.  Updating these and linkling
from https://www.debian.org/doc/ seems to be good idea.

> > If martin f krafft's book is under free licence and packaged, we can
> > also put it on our web pagess.  Also let's make announcent :-)
>
> Martin's book is already listed on the books page.

Yes but his listed work is a non-free one as of now.  His post seems to
indicate he may go free ...

I meant by "put it on our web pages" as contents of the document are
available on www.debian.org.  Raphaël and Roland's free work is on
www.debian.org which means it is mirrored for easy access.  If martin's
work becomes free, we can do the same.

Osamu