Re: Status on ddeb support in Debian

On 2015-06-29 22:00, Jakub Wilk wrote:
> * Niels Thykier <niels@thykier.net>, 2015-06-29, 18:17:
>> * debhelper in unstable can now build ddebs - disabled by default.
>
> Thanks!
>
>> - Test with env DH_BUILD_DDEBS=1, but please don't upload ddebs to any
>> Debian archive.
>
> It almost works. The *-dbgsym_*.deb packages were built, but for
> whatever reason the were not included in the *.changes file.

Indeed, KiBi reported said problem over IRC a few hours before you.

The cause is a that debhelper stopped giving an explicit name to
dpkg-gencontrol for the ddebs.  Unfortunately, dpkg-gencontrol will add
the "wrong" name to debian/files.
  Guillem already devised a short patch for dpkg-gencontrol, which I
will be testing soon.

>> * Please review the documentation in dh_strip(1) and help me improve
>> it where needed.
>
> Well, the manpage doesn't say that building ddebs is disabled for now,
> or how to enable them...

Thanks, will add that.

~Niels