Re: Status on ddeb support in Debian
On 2015-06-29 22:06, Vincent Bernat wrote:
> ❦ 29 juin 2015 18:17 +0200, Niels Thykier <email@example.com> :
>> * Only known blocker is missing archive/dak support.
> Is any help needed here?
It has been a while since I synchronised with the FTP masters (CC'ed),
so things might have changed. From memory:
* There is no one actively on ddebs on the dak-side right now.
* I believe Ansgar talked about having a look at the code at DebConf.
* I suspect that "Patches are welcome" if you want to help. :)
For those interested in helping, please coordinate with the FTP masters,
as they may have preferences as to /how/ it is done.
Some possibly interesting files/methods in dak:
* daklib/archive.py - class "ArchiveUpload", method "_final_suites"
- That tags the upload as needing to go to "NEW" after a call to
- Breadcrumb trail ends at method "_check_new_binary_overrides"
* daklib/upload.py - class "Binary", method "component"
- Seems to decide in what component as binary is inserted
* You will probably be needing to mess with SQL.
- If only to add the new component for the package.
Missing items / items left as an exercise for the reader:
* I don't have the location of where to insert the override for the
ddebs, which presumably should only happen once the package is
* Writing patches and possibly discovering unspoken assumptions on my
* You can test "read-only" parts of dak by uploading your copy to
coccia.debian.org and run your own dak test command.
- Like some do with "dak rm -nR [-b] package" to see what rdeps
might be affected by the removal/change of a single package. :)