Re: Status on ddeb support in Debian

On 2015-06-29 22:06, Vincent Bernat wrote:
>  ❦ 29 juin 2015 18:17 +0200, Niels Thykier <niels@thykier.net> :
>
>>  * Only known blocker is missing archive/dak support.
>
> Is any help needed here?

It has been a while since I synchronised with the FTP masters (CC'ed),
so things might have changed.  From memory:

 * There is no one actively on ddebs on the dak-side right now.

 * I believe Ansgar talked about having a look at the code at DebConf.

 * I suspect that "Patches are welcome" if you want to help. :)

For those interested in helping, please coordinate with the FTP masters,
as they may have preferences as to /how/ it is done.

Some possibly interesting files/methods in dak:

 * daklib/archive.py - class "ArchiveUpload", method "_final_suites"
   - That tags the upload as needing to go to "NEW" after a call to
     _check_new
   - Breadcrumb trail ends at method "_check_new_binary_overrides"
     (or _binary_override)

 * daklib/upload.py - class "Binary", method "component"
   - Seems to decide in what component as binary is inserted

 * You will probably be needing to mess with SQL.
   - If only to add the new component for the package.

Missing items / items left as an exercise for the reader:

 * I don't have the location of where to insert the override for the
   ddebs, which presumably should only happen once the package is
   accepted.

 * Writing patches and possibly discovering unspoken assumptions on my
   part.

Tricks:

 * You can test "read-only" parts of dak by uploading your copy to
   coccia.debian.org and run your own dak test command.
   - Like some do with "dak rm -nR [-b] package" to see what rdeps
     might be affected by the removal/change of a single package. :)

~Niels