Re: Is the Debian dependency system broken? (wget vs libgnutls-deb0-28)

Simon McVittie <smcv@debian.org> wrote:
[...]
> One solution is to give the lower-level library versioned symbols, with
> at least one unique version per SONAME. That's how libjpeg and libpng
> avoid breaking lots of GUIs every time they bump SONAME, for instance.
[...]

FWIW this specific combination should not break again, since the new
nettle has versioned symbols.

It also should not hit us on the jessie->jessie+1 upgrade, because
this will include a GnuTLS soname-bump which automatically enforces
a lockstep nettle/gnutls update.

cu Andreas
so grateful to you.'