Re: Is the Debian dependency system broken? (wget vs libgnutls-deb0-28)

On Sun, 14 Jun 2015 16:03:32 +0200, Vincent Lefevre wrote:

>   https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=788710#10
>
> Note that the problem still occurs on an available set of packages: just
> start with a Debian/stable system (jessie) and upgrade libgnutls-deb0-28
> to unstable (no dependencies/conflicts will yield an upgrade of wget,
> which will occasionally segfault).

I think either libgnutls-deb0-28 or libnettle6 should add a Breaks:
libnettle4[1], to ensure all related packages are upgraded in lockstep.

I have filed bug #788735 for this.

[1] Maybe it could "only" break all rdeps of libnettle4 at the
appropriate versions, but this is easier.
--
Saludos,
Felipe Sateler