Re: Bits from the Stable Release Managers

Hi,

On 05/26/2015 04:13 PM, Niels Thykier wrote:
> On 2015-05-26 15:42, Ian Campbell wrote:
>> Perhaps the infrastructure could use something which doesn't clash with
>> real person usages, e.g. "_$arch-buildd.changes" perhaps?
>>
> I believe dak has been changed to not care about the file name, but this
> change is only active in uploads targeting stretch, sid or experimental.
>
> I am not sure about the details on why it cannot be activated for Jessie.

dak indeed no longer cares about the .changes filename. For uploads
targeting unstable or experimental, this also works fine.

However for policy queues (e.g. stable-new) and some suites like
proposed-updates, the .changes files are kept. Here we cannot keep two
.changes files with an identical filename...

One can now either teach dak to rename the .changes files in case of a
clash (or to normalize the .changes name for all uploads) or change the
filename the buildds use to make clashes with maintainer uploads less
likely.

Ansgar