Re: Bits from the Stable Release Managers

On 25/05/15 18:24, Lisandro Damián Nicanor Pérez Meyer wrote:
> On Sunday 24 May 2015 21:27:47 Adam D. Barratt wrote:
> [snip]
>> Due to the way that the archive manages uploads to proposed-updates, if
>> you upload a .changes file which only includes source and
>> architecture:all packages, please ensure that you rename it to something
>> other than "_$arch.changes".

Does this only apply to source packages that produce at least one binary
package on $arch, or does it also apply to source packages that solely
produce architecture-independent binaries?

(For instance, among my packages, it definitely applies to dbus; but if
the same rule should be applied to ikiwiki, I wasn't previously aware of
it.)

> Maybe it would be good to define something more explicit than "something
> other" here? _sourceall or maybe just _all?

Post-jessie devscripts has "mergechanges -f -i" for source+all uploads,
which amalgamates source, arch-dep and/or arch-indep changes into
foo_1.2-3_multi.changes, discarding any arch-dep binaries. For instance
https://tracker.debian.org/news/684937 was produced by merging a
_source.changes and the amd64+all result of `sbuild -A -d experimental`
with that tool, resulting in source+all.

AIUI mergechanges has always produced _multi.changes files.