Re: udev vs fuse: Transport endpoint is not connected

On Mon, May 18, 2015 at 3:00 PM, Dominique Dumont <dod@debian.org> wrote:
> On Monday 18 May 2015 14:13:46 Mathieu Malaterre wrote:
>> Could a udev guru please comment on the (somewhat) famous issue
>> `Transport endpoint is not connected` happening when a udev rule tries
>> to mount fuse filesystem ? The only description I found of this issue
>> appear on archlinux wiki, it does not explain the actual issue: it
>> only tells you one should not do it. Why is this so fundamentally
>> wrong ? Can this be fixed ?
>
> I often had this error while debugging Config::Model::FuseUI
>
> You should be able to fix this issue by running
> 'fusermount -u broken-mount-point'

I've seen this suggested before, thanks.

However my questions were:
1. What is the actual issue of ``udev`` vs ``fuse``
2. What (if possible) is needed to make a *udev* rules mount a FUSE
filesystem (I do not really care for proper umount for now).

I can mount/umount just fine from the command line. There is something
very low level happening when (fuse)mounting within a udev rules.

Thanks again.