Re: Q: any reason for debian-policy non-i18n-ed?

Hideki Yamane dijo [Sun, May 10, 2015 at 01:13:10PM +0900]:
> Hi,
>
>  Why debian-policy has not been gettexted?
>  Just a curious :)

I would add to Marc's and Christian's answers that the Policy has to
be kept up to date. Sometimes translations linger a bit behind the
original text, and that is detrimental for the Policy to work: When we
say "Policy 3.9.7 is released", if we follow only a given translation,
it will take time to catch up and be available.

Of course, the Policy is versioned. We will know that our copy of the
Policy follows only 3.9.3. But I do feel it would hamper the Policy's
normative role.