Re: Proposal: enable stateless persistant network interface names

 ❦  8 mai 2015 23:03 +0200, Marc Haber <mh+debian-devel@zugschlus.de> :

>>There are much better alternatives for most common cases.
>
> For example being?

firewalld works nicely nowadays. You assign different level of security
to different networks. When I dock my laptop, network manager configures
the network interface and firewalld attach it to the "work" zone. When
on the road, I am using the "public" profile for wired and wireless
connections and at home, when I connect my wireless network, I use the
"home" profile. So, I just do absolutely nothing, network-manager and
firewalld handles that transparently.

However, notice that it is still pretty young. I had in the past many
occurrences where firewalld didn't start correctly (so no firewall). It
doesn't happen anymore since quite some time.
--
Use free-form input when possible.