Re: patch-tracker down?

On 2014-05-29 17:19:50, Paul Wise wrote:
> On Thu, May 29, 2014 at 4:54 PM, Jörg Frings-Fürst wrote:
>
> > are you looking for new volunteers?
>
> I'm not a Debian sysadmin but yes, new volunteers are needed for
> patch-tracker.d.o.
>
> Requirements are that you need to be a Debian member, but you can help
> with the code if you are not.
>
> Some things that people who are interested in patch-tracker.d.o need to do:
>
> Clone the git repo:
>
> https://anonscm.debian.org/gitweb/?p=users/seanius/patch-tracker.git

[…]

Resurrecting this year-old thread. I guess the patch tracker is still
down, right?

I cloned the git repo and it's possible to bring this up on a jessie
host with only one small extra dependency that is not packaged
(backports.lzma python module, which is small enough to be packaged in
unstable and
become a backport to jessie then; I don't know
what's the policy though for debian.org hosts). Browsing
a few random packages seems to work correctly, although without an
extensive test suite I don't know how well the code works for various
packaging types.

So from the point of view of "fix the code for wheezy^Wjessie" this is
rather trivial. Are people interested in having patch-tracker back (I
know I am ☺)? If so, I'll try to take this over and start by contacting
the debian-admin list.

PS: Long-term, the current codebase needs some redoing - e.g. it uses
cheetah as templating engine, and that's not available under Python 3,
etc.

regards,
iustin