Re: Minified javascripts in packages

Paul Wise <pabs@debian.org> writes:

> On Mon, Apr 13, 2015 at 12:59 PM, Ben Finney wrote:
>
> > Right, I wasn't clear enough: I'm saying that despite all the other
> > non-JavaScript cases brought up later in the thread, the requirement
> > (build from source form, with only build dependencies also in Debian)
> > applies just fine to JavaScript libraries.
> >
> > Can we agree on that?
>
> As I have seen instances where the JavaScript was built by web
> services, I'd say the real world is much too complicated to even agree
> on that.

Is the implication of “built by web services” that the source isn't
available for redistribution? Those would be excluded from Debian
trivially by that criterion, then.

If not, I don't see what you mean. How are these exceptions to the rule
for ensuring Debian contains only free software?

--
 \       “We must respect the other fellow's religion, but only in the |
  `\       sense and to the extent that we respect his theory that his |