Re: Gitorious; check-all-the-things (was: Re: Misc Developer News (#38))

Quoting Paul Wise (2015-03-10 10:50:08)
> On Tue, 2015-03-10 at 08:53 +0100, Axel Beckert wrote:
>> I'm missing license-reconcile here which checks licensecheck's output
>> against debian/copyright (and seems to can do some more stuff).
>
> There is licensecheck2dep5 in cdbs but I doubt that is a viable path
> to fully automatic comparison between source files and
> debian/copyright. Indeed I'm not sure such a thing is feasible since
> the source can be incorrect and debian/copyright could contain
> licensing emails.

I welcome ideas for improvements of licensecheck2dep5!

Yes, it currently is shipped with CDBS but makes sense to separate (I
did start some time ago to move it into devscripts, but was turned off
by the requirement of testsuite in that project).

license-reconcile began, I believe, as a fork of licensecheck2dep5..  I
have not yet figured out how to actually use license-reconcile - it may
be far superior on all fronts, you'll have to consult its author about
that.

 - Jonas