what's the difference between [s/i/m/l/k/n] ?

Hi guys,

When learning on how to package software,
I am confused about what's the difference between the
essence of [s/i/m/l/k/n].
(single binary, indep binary, multiple binary, ...)

the man page of dh_make(8) briefly explained what the diff
between them __without_revealing_the_essence__.

the maint-guide (debian new maintainer's guide) says so:
        There are several choices here: s for Single binary package, i
        for
        ***
        outside the scope of this document.
and maint-guide didn't hint where the answer lies.

After some experiments with dh_make, I found that,
[s/i/m/l/k/n] affects at least file debian/control.

As lacking of documentation, I wonder that,
if [s/i/m/l/k/n] only affects debian/control and affect nothing except
for control?

P.S. If there is need to explain the difference on essence between
s/i/m/l/k/n clearly, I think it's good to file a bug againt maint-guide?

Thanks. :-)
--
Regards,
  C.D.Luminate