Re: http.debian.net redirection setting for cdn.debian.net DNS changes

On Sun, 2015-03-01 at 12:23 +0900, Yasuhiro Araki wrote:
> Hi all,
> As Hideki mentioned, I regret to notify all folks that I had decided
> operation of cdn.debian.net and set DNS alias to http.debian.net.
>
> cdn.debian.net had operated since 2007, when apt had not support HTTP
> redirection yet. In 2010, HTTP redirection was supported stable Debian
> apt. However, DNS query of cdn.debian.net is still greater than 20k
> per day.
[...]

There is at least one non-DSA porterbox (but I forget which) still using
cdn.debian.net.

Thanks for operating cdn.debian.net; it wasn't perfect but it was useful
to laptop users for a long time.

Ben.

--
Ben Hutchings
Absolutum obsoletum. (If it works, it's out of date.) - Stafford Beer