Re: http.debian.net redirection setting for cdn.debian.net DNS changes

Hi all,
As Hideki mentioned, I regret to notify all folks that I had decided operation of cdn.debian.net and set DNS alias to http.debian.net.

cdn.debian.net had operated since 2007, when apt had not support HTTP redirection yet. In 2010, HTTP redirection was supported stable Debian apt. However, DNS query of cdn.debian.net is still greater than 20k per day.

As DNS operator knows, current DNS operation is complex and expensive for personnel.
I beliebe Five years since apt HTTP redirect support are longer than Debian support policy.
My last thing to forget about it, I never participated debconf to discuss about our file  distribution.

From Today, please change your apt source to http.debian.net.

P.S.
For Japan locations, I still operate ftp.jp.debian.org.

Thanks all!

2015/03/01 9:46 "Hideki Yamane" <henrich@debian.or.jp>:
Hi,

On Sat, 28 Feb 2015 20:17:33 +0100
Raphael Geissert <geissert@debian.org> wrote:
> Yes, that's correct. I will try to do that tomorrow, European time, as I
> don't currently have access to the server.

 Thanks! :)

--
Regards,

 Hideki Yamane     henrich @ debian.or.jp/org